Monday 3 February 2014


After seeing some runway snaps at Milan Fashion Week, showcasing some of Dolce & Gabbana's SS14 floral collection, I felt the need to run through a Sicilian flower field at the dusk of day, until I had flowers bursting from my nostrils and stuck between my teeth. Unlike that thought, the dresses are incredibly intricate and beautiful. The women actually look like the apple seed they worried about swallowing as a child has sprouted from their belly button and wrapped its branches around D&G's floaty gowns.
I love the fact the flowers are 3D and stand out from the dress. I often look past pale printed floral dresses, as darker and bolder colours tend to look better against my skin tone, but the baby pinks, corals and mint greens that are intwined in the length of the dresses give me happy shivers.
It seems D&G have been inspired by the origins of Italy for quite a few collections, and in this collection it is the Sicilian flowers that make their appearance, along side the strong presence of a greek goddess feel; with the oversized coins and crowns made from flowers.
I have completely fallen in love with this collection. Bravo.

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not one for wearing pastels myself, I have to admit that this collection is pretty damn stunning. I especially love the middle dress with the black lace!

    http://cequisuit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete